- CAPITAL: Pristina
- POPULATION: 1.740.000
- WEB: Visit website
The Institute of Public Health is a research Institute, technical advisory body of the Ministry of Health and also is part of Medical Faculty involved in education process and research too.
Institute of Public Health of Kosovo (NIPHK) is organized on departments: Department of Epidemiology, Department of Human Ecology, Department of Microbiology, Department of Social Medicine, and Department of Health Information System.
Vision of NIPHK is to:
- Control and prevent communicable diseases,
- To develop strategies in terms of control and prevent communicable disease,
- To investigate health risk factor and current health state,
- To promote good behavior and healthy life,
- Health economic,
- To increase quality of life.
National Focal Point + Supervisor: Professor Dr. Isme HUMOLLI
Supervisor: Dr Ariana KALAVESHI
Supervisor + Former Fellow: Dr. Pranvera KAÇANIKU GUNGA
Fellow: Dr Shqipe KRASNIQI KOLA
Former Fellow: Dr. Fitim RAÇI
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICI Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.